Historically, I’ve not been one to make resolutions. This is down to a combination of, generally speaking, being quite satisfied with life and knowing I will only get them done if they are fun. I see no point in making unrealistic resolutions and I hate failing.
My Resolution for 2013
It was all set to be the same this year. While I know there are many things I should be doing, updating this blog being a big one, I didn’t want to risk letting myself down again.
So one evening, in one of those days wedged between Christmas and New Year, I was sat browsing my friends’ pins on Pinterest and noticed my personal trainer friend, Krissie Kirby, had pinned a set of stretches as a thing to do in 2013. Intrigued I re-pinned and read on and started trying the stretches for myself which is when I decided that my New Years resolution is going to be.
Hopefully by the end of 2013, I will be able to do the splits. I’m going for both front and side splits but if I can do one or the other, I’ll be satisfied. I started doing the stretches before New Year and have so far succeeded in doing them.
But why the splits? Mainly to see if I can. Up until the age of 13, I danced ballet, among others, but couldn’t do it back then even though I wanted to. These days I have a better work ethic to actually do the stretching needed everyday. The side benefit, of course, is the benefit to my health and fitness but I really want to see if I can pull it off.
Other goals for the year
I’m not sure why I’m being quite so…superstitious about the word resolutions, but here are the other things I would like to get done by 2014 in no particular order:
- Do my BCS Business Analysis Diploma exam: I’ve passed 4 of the modules I need, I just need to book this in and get on with it.
- Update this blog at least once a month with tech relevant content. For some reason I find writing about myself much easier!
- Create my own design rather then using one gacked from WordPress. Must be responsive too. This goal is likely to go down the pile though as my Photoshop skills are not up to much, unfortunately.
- Fix up Angrave Designs including adding a CMS.
- Not go into complete meltdown in trying to get stuff sorted for my wedding in October!